Complex devices surround us on a daily basis and improve our way of life! Advanced technology is also permeating and improving dentistry.
New technology is constantly changing the way we diagnose, prevent, and treat dental problems. The Wilson Dental Group incorporates the latest dental technology into our daily practice because these technologies offer real benefits for our patients!
Here’s a look at some of the technology we offer at Wilson Dental Group:
- Digital Impressions: Do you remember the days of biting down on messy putty to make an impression? Most of us dreaded taking impressions in the past, but digital impressions are different. The teeth are dusted with a fine reflected powder and then recorded with a small camera. We can convert these images into 3D digital impressions to design your unique restorations.
- Digital X-Rays: X-rays have long been essential to accurate dentistry. In the past decade, we have upgraded traditional x-rays to digital x-rays. Advantages of digital x-rays include reduced radiation exposure, detailed images, and easy image transfer.
- Intraoral Camera: With tiny intraoral cameras, the dentist can collect photos of your smile and share them with you. The patient can see what the dentist sees on a chairside computer screen. These images can be saved or even printed out so that you can be on the same page as your dentist.
- Lasers: We use advanced laser therapy for periodontal cases. Lasers can treat gum disease painlessly. Laser treatment eliminates the need for stitches and makes recovery more comfortable.
- Panorex X-Ray: The panorex x-ray forms a single photo of all of your teeth and surrounding bones. This allows your dentist to view more than just a few teeth at a time. When we can see your smile as a whole, we can design a more accurate treatment plan. The panorex x-ray also gives us insight into structures that are usually very difficult to view, including the jaw joints, the nasal sinuses, and the mandibular nerve.
The Ultimate Dental Experience!
Innovative dental technology makes dental visits more comfortable for the patient. Appointments are also faster and more productive. Every diagnosis is detailed enough to create a treatment plan customized to you.
Come enjoy the future of dentistry at Wilson Dental Group. Give us a call today!