For thousands of years, dentures have allowed people who have lost their teeth to chew food and flash some teeth when they smile. But dentures can be unstable, irritating, embarrassing, and inconvenient. At Wilson Dental Group, dental implants are proving to be a superior solution to replacing lost teeth.
A dental implant provides the total package, so to speak. An implant replaces the visible part of the tooth and—this is key—also the root.
For a single dental implant, super-strong titanium post is anchored directly into the jawbone. An abutment is then attached to the post. Finally, a crown or denture is attached to the abutment.
But dental implants can be inserted into several places in the jaw in order to support a full set of dentures. Implant-supported dentures provide the following benefits:
- Stability – Implants don’t move around in your mouth. This permits normal chewing, swallowing, and speech.
- Bone Retention – The post maintains bone health and circulation
- Dental implants prevent jaw muscle dysfunction that can occur when remaining teeth are forced to compensate for missing teeth
- Dental implants prevent gum irritation
- No need for denture relines
- No denture adhesive needed
Dental implants are available from Wilson Dental Group to replace a single lost tooth, or to support dentures. Schedule a consultation with us to find out more. We also offer general and cosmetic dentistry.
Contact Wilson Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):