Gum disease is one of the leading causes of tooth loss in American adults. That’s why the team at Wilson Dental Group offers this little quiz to see how much you know about this condition:
1. Which of the following are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
d. Genetic make-up
2. Which of the things listed below are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that look like they are longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bleeding gums
d. Swollen gums
3. Which of the items below are possible health matters linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of men and women age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following services are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Soft tissue grafting
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t experience any symptoms.
Gum disease usually responds successfully to treatment, especially if we catch it early. If you haven’t seen a dentist in a while, or have been noticing troubles with your gums or teeth, please call us to set up an appointment.
Contact Wilson Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):