So you want to whiten your teeth? At Wilson Dental Group, it’s a great way to improve your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are five things we Group recommend when it comes to teeth whitening:
- Meet with us for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you identify which method is best for you.
- It is critical to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening procedure chosen, your teeth can be whitened three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative technique is to have us customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions precisely. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this protocol may take longer, it is more reasonably priced and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either protocol can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may occur. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call us if it lasts longer.
Wilson Dental Group offers general and cosmetic dental services including teeth whitening. We keep extended evening and weekend hours too, that accomodate any busy schedule. Call for an appointment today.
Contact Wilson Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):