The powerful, precise, highly-concentrated beam of light initially known as Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER) is so common that the acronym has been relegated to lower case. It’s a great tool in dentistry, and along with digital x-rays, is among the advanced technology we employ at Wilson Dental Group.
Lasers are now used in many state-of-the-art dental practices for a broad range of services. Lasers allow dentists to be extremely precise when working on both tooth and gum tissue.
Dentists use lasers to:
- Remove decay while preserving more intact tooth material
- Firmly attach bonding material to a tooth
- Remove oral lesions or obtain tissue for biopsies
- Reshape receded gums
- Eliminate bacteria while performing root canals
- Increase the effectiveness of tooth whitening agents
Dental patients benefit with:
- Fewer stitches – some surgical procedures require no sutures when a laser is used
- Faster healing
- Lower risk of infection
- Decreased damage to surrounding tissue/bone
- Less pain – eliminates the need for anesthesia in many procedures
At Wilson Dental Group, we employ advanced dental technology with seasoned expertise to serve our valued patients. We believe that every man, woman, and child deserves a beautiful smile and a lifetime of good dental health.
For questions about laser dentistry, digital x-rays, and general and cosmetic dentistry, give a call. Or just set up an appointment. At Wilson Dental Group, we’re always happy to see you.
Contact Wilson Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):